Pages

Monday 27 July 2020

Recount: Spaghetti Tower Teamwork Challenge!

Recount WritingSpaghetti Tower Teamwork Challenge

Today Team 5 got back into our Literacy Classes, I'm back in Mrs Stone's Class (So Excited) First in my Literacy class we reflected back on our Norms List and how we get our points (Good) and how we get strikes (Bad). After reflecting on the Mrs Stone gave us a Teamwork Building Challenge which was: with our reading groups we have to make the tallest spaghetti tower using string and tape, once you have done your tower you must be able to balance 1 marshmallow onto it. My reading group is Dahl and in my group is Nina, Aaliyah, Marie, Kauri and Rae Jae. Here is how we made our Spaghetti Tower...

First we divided the spaghetti into small groups so that we can bundle them and tape it together to make the base. Secondly we made more of the bundles of Spaghetti so we can add to it and make it taller. Unfortunately it didn't stand long but we managed to put the marshmallow. The other group won the challenge but other that that I had heaps of fun doing the challenge with my group.

Doing this challenge wasn't all about or winning but it helps us to build our teamwork more and communicating and collaborating all together. I think in our group we really nailed the communicating part.

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Hannah,

    I agree, your group did really well communicating, both in this challenge and when we read our first text together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mrs Stone,
      Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment on my blog post. Thank you so much!

      Delete