Pages

Friday 3 July 2020

Genius Hour- What are the basics of a PIANO!



Malo e lelei, Talofa Lava, Kia Ora and greetings to all, today my class (Room 3) and I had to do speeches about our Genius Hour Topic. Genius Hour is where we do 1 hour of researching a topic, we find interesting, we do this most FRIDAYS. On our first week of Genius Hour, which was near the start of Term 2, we had to brainstorm a few topics on our own that we would like to study about.  On our second week of Genius Hour, we had to finally pick one topic that we had to stay studying about. Some people choose topics like 'How to cook/bake', what their favourite gaming are, musical instruments and much more, I chose learning about Pianos, what they are and the basics of it. Now on our third week we had to find links that relate to our chosen topic, and start researching the about it. For our last week of Genius Hour we had to grab all of our information and put it into a presentation and share it to the class. I was really nervous at first, but during my speech I slowly gained confidence and carried on with my speech, my total score was 20/25. My reflection for Genius Hour is that: I really enjoyed doing 1-2 hours of Genius Hour every week, I have learnt a lot of new things about the Piano and doing Genius Hour really gave me that push to believe in myself and try hard in learning. Genius Hour is a really great source of learning for us, students because it gives us the choice of choosing a Passion of ours, study it and share our learning to everyone. So THANK YOU Mrs Tele'a for giving us Genius Hour every week on fridays. My last comment to you, is to Never Give Up on learning, try hard each and everyday when you are in school, and stay confident and true to yourself, teachers, classmates and in schoolwork. Thank-you for reading and Hope you ENJOYED MY GENIUS HOUR PRESENTATION!

No comments:

Post a Comment