Pages

Monday 10 May 2021

Rotuma Information Report

 Rotuma Language Week !

Information Report


Noa ‘ia ! That’s hello in the Rotuman language . My information report today will share with you some important facts about Rotuma .


Rotuma is a small island located  in the Southern hemisphere . Rotuma is surrounded by many other islands, to the North there is Tuvalu, to the East is Samoa, South is Fiji and West is Vanuatu .


Rotuma’s total population is less than 2,000 people . With roughly about 10,000 people living in Fiji . In my opinion I think this is because of the Jobs, schools and space on the island of Rotuma .


The  Main Languages spoken in Rotuma are English and Rotuman . Sadly the spoken languages are listed on the ‘Endangered list of Languages’ which means its slowly disappearing



After learning about the Language of Rotuma, I am now feeling the urge to get up and learn more about MY language and culture. I think it is important as well for others to know how important it is to be in an amazing culture and the heritage it holds . ‘ Never take anything for Granted ‘ .


6 comments:

  1. Noa'ia! Hannah! This information that you have shared onto your blog is amazing! I love how you gave ideas and facts about the Island. Fu'amus/Nonoam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noa'ia Hannah

    I really liked how you have put so much detail in your writing and I love all your facts about Rotuma which is also very interesting. I really enjoyed reading your conclusion about the Heritage.

    Kind Regards, Yolanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noa'ia Hannah !

    I came across your blog post about Rotuman Language week and I found it really interesting ! You clearly explained your details in each paragraph so good job ! Keep up with the great work .

    from moui :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Noa ' ia Hannah !!
    Your blog post about Rotuma language week is Amazing !!, I love all the facts you've written down about Rotuma. Another thing I loved about your blog post is all the details you've put in to make your blog post interesting !!. I really enjoyed your blog post about Rotuma, keep up the good work Hannah !!

    Kind Regards Leah :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Noa'ia Hannah

    I really like your blog post I love the facts you have written about Rotuma and the way you explained everything

    From Osa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Noa' ia Hannah
    all the infromation that you have wrtine is great

    ReplyDelete