Pages

Monday 28 June 2021

P.E.S vs Royal Oak !

 Friday Rugby Game !

Last week on Friday, the Intermediate girls from Yr 7 & 8 played a friendly game against Royal Oak Intermediate. It was a really fun and a great practise to play rugby before Auckland Champs this Wednesday. Here is how it when….


Friday morning, bright and early I got up. Brushed my teeth, did my hair and changed into my shool uniform. The night before I organised my rugby equipment  like my mouthguard, rugby boots and black shorts. 8:15 I started walking to school, with a happy and excited smile across my face knowing that I get to finally play Rugby again.


At school we just finished our whole school assembly and we had FIOP ( Finish it off properly ) work to do. Before I knew it, it was already Morning Tea time. Once Morning Tea playtime has finished, our team coach Ms Timmi can and got us to change into our rugby shirts, once we were all in the breezeway and dressed up we split into two buses which were from Tamaki College and departed to our game in Royal Oak Intermediate.


Now we were really here, a student from Royal Oak guided us to where the Changing rooms are so we can put our boots on. Not long after that we ran outside to where the fields were and started warming up, 30 minutes later and kickoff as started. Here we go..

We were loosing in the first half, the girls in Royal Oak Inter kept getting back to back tries and we were slowly using hope. Once 1st half finished and we had a 5 minute break before 2nd half started. We were all exhausted and tired but Ms Timmi told us to ‘Keep going, and to never give up !’



No comments:

Post a Comment